Certified Medical Assistant
|Job title:||Certified Medical Assistant|
|Company:||Grand River Medical Group|
|Location:||1515 Delhi Street, Suite 100, Dubuque, IA 52001|
Grand River Medical Group is seeking one (1) full-time Certified Medical Assistant to work 36-40 hours/week in the Multi-Specialty Clinic. Individual will perform nursing services for assigned physicians in providing health promotion, health maintenance and management of illness within the scope of certification.
Duties include, but not limited to:
• Preparing patients for physician office visit: greet and escort patient to exam room, obtain vitals, update medications and allergies in the electronic medical record. Explaining procedures appropriate to visit.
• Assisting the physician with examinations, diagnostic procedures and treatments. Demonstrating the ability to perform and assist with clinical procedures. Providing direct patient care as ordered.
• Documenting accurately in all areas of the electronic medical record.
• Promoting wellness by providing patient with educational materials, communicating physicians’ advise and instructions to the patient and/or family and assessing the patient and/or families understanding of the instructions and information.
• Communicating test results to patients and returning phone calls in a timely manner.
Experience: Minimum of one year clinic experience preferred.
Education: Medical Assistant Certification required.
Requirements: Have and maintain current certification of BLS.