Cardiology Services in Dubuque, Iowa
Cardiology is a medical specialty focused on the diagnosis and treatment of diseases of the heart and blood vessels. Grand River Medical Group is able to provide the following cardiac testing services in our Multispecialty clinic location.
Cardiac Diagnostic Testing Services
Diagnostic testing to diagnose and evaluate a variety of cardiac conditions include:
- Electrocardiography (EKG) - when requested by a physician, this test measure the electrical activity of the heart and is helpful in determining if there is a heart attack occurring now or in the past as well as detecting numerous rhythm disturbances of the heart.
- Exercise Treadmill Testing - available in the office for direct monitoring of your heart's response to exercise, this test is helpful to identify problems with either your heart's rhythm or blockages in the blood supply to the heart.
- 24-hour Blood Pressure (BP) Monitoring - usually to detect the blood pressure at home compared to the blood pressure obtained at a physician's office.
- 24-hour Cardiac Holter Monitoring - records the heart rhythm continuously over a 24-hour period.
- Cardiac Event Monitoring - records rhythm problems that occur over a 30 day period.
- Echocardiography. Grand River Medical Group certified ultrasonographer performs echocardiography uses sound waves to take a picture of the moving heart.
- Stress Echocardiography -an echocardiogram immediately performed before and after exercise.
See the pamphlet section for more information about these procedures.
If necessary, your physician may recommend a cardiac catheterization. At this time, this procedure is only performed at either Finley or Mercy Hospital in Dubuque, IA.
Cardiac Catheterization uses a special catheter, inserted in either your arm or leg along with a special dye to take pictures of your coronary arteries to identify any blockages. Whenever possible, your Grand River Medical Group cardiologist can open up these blockages using a balloon (angioplasty) and maybe a stent, to keep the blood vessel open.
If you have any questions or comments about any of our services, please let us know by calling 563-557-9111